Self-Assessment

This research essay was my assignment, and I can’t lie about it.So, let me give you some background information.Beginning was an entire event!During the summer, I tried to find work to pay for college, and I ended up getting a part-time job.And when I first started college, I did well because I did my work on time every month. I might have missed a few assignments for class, but that shouldn’t matter, right?Because that marked the beginning of my procrastination, it was significant.And as a result of each, a gradual decline in interest in anything college-related and an increase in late work and absences.

However, when something unexpected happened, I awoke one morning and told myself, “There is no time for excuses; only action is required.”Professor, I went to your office to explain the circumstances surrounding everything.I’m grateful that you gave me new opportunities.
This issue of procrastination has plagued me since the first grade and continues to this day.But the problem is that I usually find a balance between school and my needs, but I think my time management skills just disappear. My disappearance occurred during quarantine for the end of my 10th and 11th grades.Now that I really think about my senior year, I really struggle, and it’s not because of a challenge in my work mindset.I was lazy, and most of my classes failed.And since I was never able to overcome my weaknesses, I just let it go.
During the process of writing this research essay, I found that writing notes distracted me.However, I was able to persuade myself to write.However, the week the first daft was due arrived quickly.I agree to write seven pages with seven sources, despite having only two paragraphs at the time.Therefore, the day before the due date, I worked until 7:30, returned home around 8:30, and eventually fell asleep.The following day, the due date was changed, but only half was completed.I only had three pages, not seven, but you told me on that day when it was due (Monday), so I put it off once more.I just got so used to doing it that I just kept going, not because I detested the subject.However, I was fortunate enough to complete at least five pages, earning a passing grade.

Even though writing this paper was a hell of a process, the research wasn’t all that bad.I knew I wanted to write about the media, but after some thought, I decided to write about racism, which is how the rough outline of my thesis came to be.I mostly do my research on Google. I tried the Cuny Library website, but most of the documents were too long to read, so I didn’t bother with them.And led me away to locate two articles.
I believe my procrastination rate has decreased by 0.1% overall.My research was, in my opinion, average, but it needed more.My intention is for my paper to advance self-awareness as a message.Movies and other forms of media are conveying specific messages to us.